Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Holidays Are Over











...And I am trying to adjust to life without Matt again. He left this morning, and I am feeling very down and sad like I do every time He leaves. But I am trying to remember that this IS the VERY LAST time we have to say goodbye. Because in almost 8 weeks(crazy!) I will be marrying him! The next time we see each other is in 7 weeks. He will get here a week before the wedding. Our time together was simply amazing, as is every time we are together. We made more great memories, had super amazing conversations, and had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas together. We hit up Dave and Busters in Milwaukee a couple times, not to mention won some amazing prizes; Went to Mayfair, ate at the wonderful Cheesecake Factory, saw some movies, did some marriage counseling, stayed up way to late laughing with each others families, bought our wedding rings, met with our deejay, settled on videography, did honeymoon research, and barely squeaked in some sleep. It was wonderful, and now I am thoroughly exhausted, ready to get some good sleep.

Over Christmas our family celebrated another engagement! My older brother got engaged too! So now there will be 2 Miller Kids getting married in 2012. Matt and I are old news now ;) It shall be interesting, its strange to think that I won't be here for most of the planning and hub bub and excitement that goes along with planning a wedding. Its also sad that I wont be able to make her wedding showers and such. But I know that the Lord is directing me on where I need to be and go, and so this is what I need to do. It crazy to think that my life is going to drastically change in about 8 weeks. That I will be a wife, no longer living in Wisconsin, living down south, with everything so new. I am beginning to get a bit nervous about it all, but I know that I just need to keep trusting in the Lord and his sovereignty through all of this.

Blessings to you all in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Pete looks so lonely in that photo with all of you guys. Yenta is waiting whenever he is ready for a match! ;)

    ReplyDelete