Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Life of Example


As I go through this book I am continue to find things in each of these woman's lives that I want to emulate. This morning I was looking at the life of Mary; the mother of Jesus.

I find this woman's life so incredible. This young women specifically chosen by God himself to carry the Savior of the world!! What an incredible task, and I always wonder what was going through this probably teenagers mind. She was probably in her early to mid teens when she was told she was going to carry God's son. Her response is something that I want to emulate in my life no matter what circumstances the Lord brings my way. All praise and glory went to the Lord. I am sure she was scared and possibly a little freaked out. But she trusted in the Lord and His sovereign Holy plan.

Her song of praise in Luke 1:46-55 is so awesome, it is so clear that her heart and mind were already thoroughly saturated with the word of God. The song is all about God's greatness,His glory, the strength of His arm, and His faithfulness across all generations. She seemed amazed that an absolutely holy God would do such great things for one as undeserving as she is. I wonder the same sometimes the same thing, about the things the Lord does, and blesses me with. I am so humbled and grateful.

I am so encouraged by Mary's humbleness and faithfulness to the Lord's plans for her life. But I don't want my life to reflect Mary's life in a sense, Mary was still a sinner just like you and me, and needed a Savior just as we do. But I want my life to be like Christs. The perfect, sinless, Savior. May I follow Him completely with all that I am for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment