Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye



Today was my grandfathers funeral. He passed away on June 2, the day after my 24th birthday. The Lords timing is ALWAYS perfect, which made me glad that it wasn't on my birthday-that would have been a sad memory for my birthday. My grandpa had lots of health concerns over the last 5 years or so, and my parents and aunt and uncle, diligently took care of him day after day, which is such a testimony for me, and such a great example of Christ's love. Most recently he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung/liver cancer, and then 2 weeks later, went into the presence of the Lord. Today was his funeral, it was good to see my cousins and aunt and uncle whom I don't see very often, but also at these types of things you meet and see many relatives that I didn't know I had or haven't seen for a long time, this being the case today. The Millers are very loud people, its no different even at funerals apparently, pretty sure we have the loudest on record at the desiple level at a funeral, anyway they did provide some entertainment and good laughs for me and my cousin Sarah who was standing next to me in the family greeting line. My grandpa was a very sweet man, always so kind and generous, always willing to do whatever for anyone. He will be missed, But I shall see him again someday, I am so thankful for the hope that I have, which gives me such peace. Now my mom's family comes in starting tomorrow evening for the Hay family reunion for a week. PLUS the ending of one job, and more hours on the other. Family togetherness here we come.

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for you and your extended family.

    ReplyDelete