Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Conviction Again


So I am on one of the last chapters in my book, Respectable Sins; and this book has really opened my eyes to my sin, and I was continually reminded that I am nothing, and deserve nothing. My eyes were also opened to how our world that we live in has just brushed sin aside and made it look like its no big deal.
But it is. Sin is sin no matter what way you look at it,and it hurts God when we do it. We need forgiveness daily. I am so grateful that He gives me that forgiveness when I ask, and still loves me everyday, even though I mess up EVERY day. God is good.
I was reading on the sin of worldliness and was looking at different aspects of it, and I was struck by the section on money. I am not good with money. I have always known that, even though my father is a banker and is extremely good with it, I am not. Ever since I can remember as soon as I got that birthday money in the mail, or got that babysitting money, that sucker did NOT go in the bank, No way Jose, I went straight to the local shoe store, or Target to spend that bad boy.
Since I have been working a job when I got out of high school, I knew that I needed to start giving back to the Lord what He so graciously given me. And I have been terrible at doing that. My tithing has not been what it should be, I even have 2 jobs and should be giving more, and I don't. I need to. I always think that If I give to much away I won't have any left to pay for "emergency" things like gas, insurance, or a unexpected Dr.s visits or something. This obviously shows my sin that I don't trust that the Lord will provide. I know He does, and I need to trust that.
As I write this I think I have already blogged about this before, Hmm, guess I really need to work on this. I will. I am blessed beyond measure and I can't take the money with me when I die, so why I am I holding on to it?? For my own pleasure?? My own selfish gain?? Temporal things?? Our giving should reflect the value we place on His gift to us. I need to give back to the Lord what is His. He is faithful. He will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment