Monday, December 6, 2010

Unthankfulness


"Give thanks ALWAYS and for EVERYTHING to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20.
I was convicted today of my sin of unthankfulness. This was what my chapter was on today. And yes, it may seem like a such a minuscule sin, but its sin. Yes, I give thanks to Him maybe when things are good, and things are going my way or in my favor, but do I give thanks when things may not be in my favor?
I also realized that I don't thank Him enough for my salvation and for His work on the cross for me. I was also aware of this when I was going through one of my last books; Cross Centered Life. I need to thank Him more for my salvation; for giving me spiritual life. Christ's giving me spiritual life is a far greater miracle, and its benefits are infinitely greater than healing of a disease.
Do I give Him thanks for giving me not just one job, but two? And giving me the abilities that I need to do the job effectively?? Not enough.
I know I don't give Him thanks enough for His grace, forgiveness, love, His providing me with a car, family, friends, church, place to live...and the list goes on.
On the other hand, when things are going bad, Do I thank Him. Probably not. Even though I know, that ALL things work together for GOOD , for those who are called according to His purpose..(Romans 8)...So even if my bags get lost on December 26th with my bridesmaids dress and shoes inside, I must be thankful.
I want to develop a habit of continual thanksgiving for all the blessings God so graciously pours out on me, and the situations He brings my way..No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment