Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gospel Enemy #3-Self Reliance


This book has been so amazing to go through. I need more of Jesus everyday. More of Him less of me. I can do nothing on my own. I need His strength everyday..

2 Corinthians 3:5-6
Now that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

"As the truth about our remaining sinfulness grips us, we experience pain, But this is actually a merciful blessing; by it, the Spirit weakens our self-reliance. He then points us to two bigger truths: the cross and His power. The result: we treasure the gospel more highly than we did before we experienced the pain."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions,and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment