Monday, January 31, 2011

Holy, Holy,Holy.

I was struck by this word that is repeated 3x in the book of Isaiah chapter 6. What an awesome chapter this is. How awesome would it be to see Gods holiness?? Isaiah 6 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. It humbles me everytime I read it.

I am continually falling more and more in love with the Lord daily, as I continue to meditate on His word, and discover more about Him and His greatness. My reaction to God's majestic holiness is a realization of my own insignificance, my response to His ethical holiness is an awareness of my sinfulness and impurity.

Wow, I am so thankful for the gospel and how it transformed and is transforming my life. I have such a long way to go in my pursuit of Holiness, but God is good, faithful, and His grace is enough. But I am trying to make those steps to pursue holiness. My pursuit of holiness is an expression of my fear of Him-- and wow I am fearing the Lord more and more as I go through this book and as I dive into His word.

God is infinately glorious in all His attributes, but only His holiness is magnified with this three fold ascription. We never read that He is "wise, wise, wise" or "powerful, powerful, powerful," but twice we hear the heavenly throne attendants calling out "Holy Holy Holy is the LORD God Almighty" Jerry Bridges

By employing this threefold repetition for His holines, God is exalting His holiness to highest possible means.

I can't wait to meet my Savior someday, What a glorious day that will be. (I hope its soon :)

"As those who have forgiven much, we should love much." Luke 7:47

"Let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, PERFECTING HOLINESS in the fear of God." 2 Cor. 7:1.

I urge you to take a look at Isaiah 6 sometime this week. It is simply amazing.

1 comment:

  1. This is great NieNie. That chapter amazes me every time! Your post helped me, because today I was thinking about how I need to praise God more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete