Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Missouri Reflections


I finally have some time to sit down and reflect on the Middle School missions trip that we just took a week ago. It was a hard trip, and yet a good trip. God is good, and He continues to work in EACH of us, including the youth on the trip. I was emotional going into the trip already, having to say goodbye to my boyfriend in the church parking lot as we were loading up to leave. Its always such a hard and awkward moment, as your youth kids are watching you weep, and get all emotional. At that point though, I didn't even care. I wanted them to see how much I care for him, and let them see that this isn't easy, and that Nie- Nie does have a real life outside of work and church. I cried for awhile, and then was able by the grace of God, get through the rest of the trip.

I am thankful for the God's grace, and His strength for without it I don't think I would have been able to get through the trip. The work projects throughout the trip were good, nothing to hard, just sort of minotinous, and kinda boring, but we knew that they had to get done. As a leader, this was one of the more difficult trips, but I truly believe that God is working daily in these youth's lives, teaching them things, and drawing them to Himself. We studied the book of Philippians while on the trip, which I was pumped about, because Philippians is my favorite book! I always learn new things and am reminded every time how my focus needs to be daily centered on the cross, denying myself, and looking to Jesus. Living a life of selflessness. I enjoyed hearing the hearts of the girls as we broke into smaller groups at the end of devotions. Always such a joy.

Its great to see the kids unwind after a long day at Baskin Robbins for ice cream and then go jump in the pool and play a game of water volleyball. The kids did great and grew from this experience. I am thankful that the Lord is faithful to each one of us, and works in us all. I pray that these students continue that desire to know God deeper and have a radical focus on their Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment