Friday, June 17, 2011

OH LIFE


I thought I would share with you a quote that I absolutely love from my book that I am reading A Praying Life. Just to give you a brief heads-up, I will be going on a missions trip with my middle school youth starting Sunday, so I will be away from my computer for the next week or so starting Sunday.

My boyfriend leaves on Monday to go back to his duties with the Navy. It will be so hard to say goodbye as I have loved every single moment we've had together, and have cherished each one. But for now the Lord still has us apart, even though its brutally wrenching on both of us to be away from each other, we STILL believe that He is doing amazing work in both of us as we are apart, and will continue to work out His ways in our lives. We hope to be back together again in August when I hope to fly down to Texas where he will be for the next 3 months...About 8 weeks..Pray for me ;)

On another side note, please be in prayer still for my dear friends Drew and Amy, as I described their situation in my previous post, but also now, I ask you to pray for my brother Dan. His nose was broken pretty bad last night during a softball game. We were in the ER for awhile, and he was later resting at home, and had to re admitted to the ER for fluids as he couldn't keep anything down. He will be fine, he has Dr.'s appts. next week, to get the stitches out, and then to figure out what the next step is. Needless to say he won't be coming with us to MO as planned. But God know what He is doing, in the midst of all this craziness.

Thanks for your prayers for everything, I will be sure to update you on everything when I return.

If God is sovereign, the He is in control of all the details of my life. If He is loving, then He is going to be shaping the details of my life for my good. If He is all-wise, then he's not going to do everything I want because I don't know what I need. If he is patient, then He is going to take time to do all this. When we put all these things together--God's sovereignty, love,wisdom, and patience--We have a divine story.

No comments:

Post a Comment