Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Praying Life


I have decided to take a break from reading Counterfeit Gospels, and start reading a book called A Praying Life by Paul Miller. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying reading and understanding the truth of the gospel that is so clearly stated throughout the book of Counterfeit Gospels, and I may simultaneously read both, but for now I have decided to read A Praying Life.

My women's Bible study that I am involved in twice a month is going through this book. We just started last Saturday, and I am already loving every single thing in the book! I feel like I am now not the only one who may struggle with prayer at times. I am learning so much from this book about my prayers being more about my relationship with God, rather than just a set list of things that I am "supposed" to be praying about, or feel like I have to be praying for. God wants me to come to Him, Just as I am, a broken, unworthy, sinner who daily needs my Jesus give me daily strength and depend on Him for all of my needs.

The women's Bible study is fantastic. I love going to it, and hearing different women share about their experiences in their Christian walk, and hear where they are at, and where we can be encouraging of each other. I thank the Lord for these group of all-aged women who love the Lord with all their hearts, and are daily trying to pursue holiness and Christ likeness with all that they are. Its so great.

On another note, today was my last day nannying! Its a bitter sweet moment for me, I am going to miss the kids a lot, but I am ready for summer, and working one job. And the kids are ready for their momma to be home too! I am sure I will be over there every so often to watch them, but I am ready for my summer! My time with my boyfriend is going unbelievably well. I am enjoying and soaking every moment I have with him. I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I am thankful to the Lord for the work He is doing in both of us, and how the Lord has brought us together.!

I am off to enjoy the 94 degree weather. Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment