Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Heaven Part 2


I am still reading and thoroughly enjoying We Shall See God by Randy Alcorn and Charles Spurgeon. As I read daily, God gets bigger, and bigger. I think my view of God was so small, and I am slowly but surely realizing the vastness of God, and His holiness. That He would send His holy, perfect, blameless son to die for such a wicked, unworthy sinner like me. In this book its all about Heaven and what a glorious place it is. A place that God has prepared many mansions for those who believe and trust in Him. I am excited to get to heaven someday, to be with my Savior for all of eternity, to BE WITHOUT SIN!!!, and to worship God forever with fellow believers from ALL over the world. Its an incredible book, where it has answered maybe some of my questions about Heaven with Scripture, and I have seen that God is a God of detail, and love. This is one quote from the book that has struck me that I just love. It is from a dying saint...

"There is one crown in heaven that the angel Gabriel could not wear; it will fit no head but mine. There is one throne in heaven that Paul the apostle could not fill; it was made for me, and I shall have it. There is one dish at the banquet that I must eat, or else it will be untasted, for God has set it apart for me."

Oh to be with Jesus forever, What a glorious day that will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment