Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet My Bridesmaids







I got this idea of introducing my bridal party from my maid of honor who is also getting married, who did this on her blog, and I thought it would be a fabulous idea! So here is my bridal party and a little bit about each of them and why I chose them to stand up with me on this special day.

Roshelle Murray--Maid of Honor--Roshelle and I have been really good friends since high school, and has been my closest confidant through all of this. I can share everything with her, I tell her everything. In fact, I think I do tell her everything. She is my shoulder to cry on when Matt's gone, my sister, my relationship counselor, my twin, my advice guru, my fashion consultant, my best friend. What I love most about Roshelle is her love for the Lord, and how she wants her life to reflect Christ in all she does. Not only do we have a lot of memories together, we also have one more to share together. Getting engaged on the same day, just hours apart. We have become closer within the last year or so, because she understands all about this long distance stuff as she deals with it herself. Roshelle is such a great friend, always when it comes down to it, points me to the cross. Reminding me to pray and take it all to the Lord. That is why I love Roshelle. I am honored that she said yes to be my maid of honor.

Bethany LaPointe--Lets call her Yenta. Or the matchmaker. She is the one who introduced Matt and I. She thought we'd be perfect together. Who would have ever guessed that she was right? huh? Both Matt and I were hesitant to do this whole blind-date-set-up-thing, but we did it per Bethany who said, "trust me, its all gonna be fine." And well, look at us now. I am thankful for Bethany for that and for many other reasons. She is such a good friend, who encourages me in many ways, she loves the Lord so much, and just is so darn funny. And not to mention one of the best cooks in town. I love Bethany, Thank you for going to high school with Matt, and setting us up together. I can never say thank you enough.

Liz Nielsen--Liz and I have been friends the shortest amount of time, compared to the others in my party, but I feel like I have known Liz for forever. I love Liz, and she is like my big sister. I have seen her grow tremendously over the last year or so. She is one of the greatest people I know. I appreciate her more than she knows for letting me crash over at her and her husbands house more than once on a Friday or Saturday night because I was lonely and missed Matt. She even allows me to call her child..My baby. I love her daughter Charlize. She's practically my child ;) She and Ross have been amazing, and I am truly gonna miss her and Ross so much. Thank you Liz for being such a great friend.

Cortney Andersen--Cortney has known me since middle school. Both she and her husband Chad were my youth leaders in high school and we have become close ever since. They moved away for awhile, but when they came back its like they never left. Cortney was my accountability partner in high school, always making sure I kept up in the word, and was a Christ like example to all I knew. As I grew older it become more of a friendship, rather than just a leader-student relationship. Cortney has never been afraid to tell me just what she thinks of things, and I like that about her. I love Cortney, and so thankful that she provided me with a job that I love so much of watching her 3 beautiful children. I am gonna miss her and the kids, and maybe Chad ;) immensely when I am gone.

Kelly Schulz--I don't know even where to start with Kelly. Kelly has been such an amazing self-less friend through these last few years, always wanting to know about my life, and hardly ever talking about herself unless asked. She is somebody I wanna emulate my life after. Such a Godly wife and mother. Always quick to seek the Lord's guidance in everything, encouraging me with verses and Godly advice. Her submission and obedience to Steve is something that I hope I can pull from Kelly with Matt. I am thankful for Kelly and all her wisdom and encouragement. I love Kelly.

Heather Bergman--Heather and I have been friends since the womb. She and I are 23 days apart. Heather is such a smart and practical friend, who has taught me some crafty things over these years.. which I have failed miserably at, and then she just makes me a better one. She and I have so many fabulous memories together since her parents and my parents are such good friends. Heather and I did EVERYTHING together when we were in middle school and high school together. On Fridays we would watch TGIF on TV (remember that?? ;) and then talk about our crushes, guess which one of us would get married first, and what type of guy we would marry. Heather is now such an independent woman living on her own and working as a nurse. Heather and I still get together when its possible with our crazy lives and reminisce about old times. I have loved watching Heather grow closer to the Lord this year which makes my heart so happy, and pray that she continues to do so for many years to come! I love Heather.

Thank you ladies for agreeing to be part of my special day. I look forward to celebrating with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment