Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Ending of A Chapter


Last night was my last night as a youth leader at Racine Bible Church; at least for now.
It was a very bittersweet night as I/we reflected over the last 5-6 years as I was in the
ministry. They had a little farewell for me with lots of cake, Nice kind words of eveidences
of grace in my life given by Michelle, Bethany, and my brothers. Such nice and encouraging
words, but all I want is Christ to be glorified in me, as I am just doing what He has called me to
do, and using my gifts for him, trying to show His attributes through me.

One of the leaders even made me a little scrapbook of memories through the years that I was
there, and most of the Middle School girls each wrote me a kind nice note of the impact that
I have had in their lives. It was also a worship night for the youth group, which I was glad that
was the way my last night ended. I love worship nights, Singing songs and worshipping the
one who gave it all for me, who deserves all the praise and glory. Then we wrapped up the night
with a time of prayer with our small groups. It was really nice. I am going to miss these girls, but
my prayer for each of them is that when I do come back to visit, I see them striving in the Lord,
knowing Him better, realizing the depths of their sin, and seeing the gift of grace that Christ offers;
and realizing the great work done for them on the cross. That is my hope, prayer, and desire for them.

I know that is the perfect time for me to leave the ministry, as I head into marriage and I get connected with other godly married women who will encourage me, and build me up, before
I head out and do this marriage thing. What a very blessed life I live. I am so grateful and thankful
for this journey of life that the Lord has brought me on, and the rich blessings of friendships that
were made through the youth ministry. My prayer is that the youth ministry at RBC will continue to flourish, that the Lord would bless it immensely, that the Lord will grant wisdom and strength to the leaders, and open the hearts and eyes of the youth. This is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment