Monday, October 10, 2011

Life In The Fast Lane


I have been MIA for awhile I see. All for good reason as you know. Life is going at 90 miles an hour I feel like. But I feel like things are coming together, and things are going well. Wedding planning is well underway as I have just under 5 months and it will be here before I know it. Some day's feel like its so far away and other days I feel like its tomorrow. But I have the big stuff done, the dress is found, and purchased, the bridesmaids dresses purchased, the church/hall booked. Tuxes underway, flower meeting set-up, save the dates- in my hand, guest list made, invitations being designed, decorations being looked into/priced. So I have a good start on things and I know it will all eventually come together. I have some help so I am grateful for that. I have been so blessed with great friends, and bridal party helping me.

I am still working both jobs and doing wedding stuff between jobs;dragging Leah around with me to different appointments, and while she is in school I am also able to get some stuff done. I am planning on working till mid-February and then being done so I can just focus on wedding stuff. Lord willing, Matt will be able to come home a week before the wedding to help with the final details. We have a wedding party of 6 on each side, 2 ushers, 2 flower girls, a ring barer, and a partridge in a pair tree :).

I am learning a lot from other Godly women from what it means to be a wife, and how to handle different situations, and to leave, cleave and weave. I am studying Titus quite a lot, praying a lot to the Lord on my concerns and my shortcomings on being a wife. I wanna cling to the Lord, through all this, and make sure that He is still my central focus in everything. I wanna daily run to the cross and lay it all down there. I am praying that He works in me making me more like Jesus. I want be a Godly wife to Matt, a Christ like example to him, and be that support and encouragement that He needs. To do what the Lord has called me to do as his wife. I am a work in progress, but God's grace overwhelms me daily, and I am daily humbled by the cross and what was done for me there.

Lord willing, I will be able to fly down to GA the week before Thanksgiving to see Mattand the house, scope out the area that I will soon call home, do some more wedding stuff together, and just enjoy each other again. I look forward to seeing him again. I miss him so terribly, but I am excited to be his wife soon! The Lord has blessed me beyond what I could have ever dreamed. To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment