Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Holiness


I have been going through this book above for the last few weeks or so. It has been so humbling, and I am realizing each day that I do the lesson, how sinful of a person that I am, and makes me so grateful for Jesus Christ, and what He has done for me and that He chose me to be His child. I am on the last section of this 3 part book. HOLINESS. I have begun to understand Holiness better in the last year or so since the girl youth leaders took some time last spring to study it in depth and teach it to the girls. I am so thankful that the Lord is Holy, sovereign and Almighty. I was struck by this lesson I did yesterday, It was so good. Holiness is about depending on God's enabling grace and letting Jesus live His Holy life in and through us. I cannot be Holy without God. What does my life reflect to those around me?Do my attitudes, words and behaviors give others an accurate picture of God?
To be Holy as He is Holy-what a responsibility and an astounding privilege-That the Holy One should chose us, earthbound, frail, and flaud as we are, that He should cleanse us from our sins, fill us with His Holy Spirit, and then use us to reflect the splendor of His holiness in a dark world.
It just amazes me. I wanna strive to be Holy. Everyday. For the rest of my life.
A quote from J.C. Ryle.
"Surely that man must be in an unhealthy state of soul who can think that all that Jesus suffered and yet cling to those sins for which the suffering was undergone. It was the sin that wove the crown of thorns; it was sin that brought Him to Gethsemane and Calvary, to the cross and to the grave. Cold must our hearts be if we do not hate sin and labor to get rid of it, though we may have to cut off the right hand and pluck out the right eye in doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment