Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Comfort Zone


My Comfort Zone. That place is easy, normal, good, and fun. I was challenged today in my personal time with the Lord, and also this topic came up in a conversation I had earlier this week with a friend, about breaking free from my comfort zone. I don't really like change. I guess when change happens I feel out of control, which I am working on. When I was preparing to go on a Missions Trip when I was a Junior in High School, Andrew my youth pastor pulled me aside and said, "Nie-Nie, I am gonna challenge you on this trip to break out of your comfort zone this next week to try and hang around with the girls that maybe you wouldn't normally hang around with." At first I thought he was nuts for thinking that I would do such a thing, but I knew he was right, So I did, I tented with the 3 girls that I normally wouldn't have chosen, but to be honest, It was great. I learned a lot about those girls, and to this day was my favorite missions trip ever, for many reasons, that being one.
I guess I have been thinking about this issue this week and also was challenged with it today because there are some changes coming and its gonna be okay, I don't do change well, BUT the LORD is in control NOT me. He has a sovereign and divine purpose for all things. I just need to trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment