Wednesday, November 17, 2010

54


Today is my pop's birthday. He is turning 54. I love my dad. Its funny how as you get older your parents don't seem so dumb anymore and seems like they actually may know something after all. My dad has taught me so much in my almost 24.5 years of my life. He has shown and taught me what a true man of the Lord needs to look like, and how he treats his wife and family. My dad didn't have the best home life growing up and he didn't become saved until he was a Senior in high school, but by the grace of God, my dad has come a long way. He loves his family dearly, and most of all loves Jesus Christ daily and works so hard everyday to provide for us all. Things at work have been a bit stressful over the last few weeks, but he's hanging in there.
Growing up I used to have special date nights with dad. I loved them. He used to take me to McDonalds ( a rare treat in our household) and then take me to Office Max to buy me Mr. Sketch smelly markers; cause I was obsessed with them. I used them all the time. I liked going to the grocery store with dad rather than mom because dad would let me get more things then mom would. (How could dad so no to me??;)..
I hope someday, that the Lord brings me a man like my dad...He is the greatest. One of the greatest future memories that I look forward too is that on the night before my wedding day, My dad and I are gonna watch Father of the Bride together. Its my favorite movie ever. Always will be. I can't wait to that with my daddy someday., And I can't wait till He can walk me down the aisle too, that will be such a special thing for me and dad to do someday too. Happy Birthday Pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment