Monday, November 1, 2010

Pride.

This "poem" came up in my book a few days ago, when I was having my personal time with the Lord, the section was about pride and overcoming it. I am in transition right now of books that I am going through in my personal time, I just recently finished Cross Centered Life, which I hope all of you are gonna read or will be reading shortly! My next book will be either a book by Kevin DeYoung or Jerry Bridges, haven't quite decided yet. So in the meantime while I am waiting for these books to arrive at my front door, I am going through a book by Beth Moore called Praying God's Word. Its been good.
The issue of pride I think is one of my "biggest" sins, that I struggle with, and with the Lord's help I am trying to overcome this. I am being Sanctified daily. For this I am grateful.

My name is Pride, I am a cheater.
I cheat you out of your God given, destiny....because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment.....because "you deserve better than this"
I cheat you of knowledge...because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing....because you're too full of me to forgive
I cheat you of holiness....because you refuse to admit that you are wrong
I cheat you of vision....because you'd rather look in the mirror than out the window
I cheat you of genuine friendship.....because nobody's gonna know the REAL you
I cheat you of love....because real romance demands sacrifice
I cheat you of greatness in heaven....because you refuse to wash anther's feet on earth
I cheat you of God's glory....because I convince you to seek your own.
My name is pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I am always looking
out for you. Untrue. I am looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry....
If you stick with me, You'll never know........

1 comment: