Monday, November 8, 2010

Mornings With L





I love my job so much. Not all people can say that, but I can. I love both of them. But thats another post. Not all days are good, believe me, I have had my share of bad ones as well, but for the most part they are good days. My mornings are spent with Leah. Just her and I. Owen is at school from 7:45-11, So L and I are alone in the mornings. I usually run errands with her during that time, weather its getting things I need, or finding something to eat for lunch. On nice days I take her to the park, or go on a walk. I love my time with her, just her and me. I have learned SO SO MUCH doing this nanny job. I have learned to pick my battles, when to raise my voice, and when its time to give a hug. The Lord has taught me a lot through this job like my tone of voice with the kids when I am in the store, picking them up from school, or at the park. I want them to see Christ in me ALL THE TIME, that being reflected in EVERY area of my life. I want L and O to see the love of Christ through me when I am speaking to them, and interacting with them.
All that to say, L and I had a good morning of baking, I have become quite the baker over the last year, somehow being in home and in a kitchen and all that has made me want to bake. (NOT COOK:)!! So today we ATTEMPTED to make fruity pebble squares. They are just like rice krispie treats, but with fruity pebbles. Anyways, I still have a long way to go in the baking department, but they didn't taste half bad. L LOVED them, she even helped me mix. She kept saying "Ticky, Nie-Nie, Ticky" (sticky nie-nie, sticky) and she also got a little to- into licking the bowel at the end, oh well. Choosing my battles I guess.
Owen had one when he got home from school, and when he was finished he said "Nie-Nie, those were dang good!!!" Well, I guess I am not half bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment