Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slave


I am only on chapter 2 and already have learned so much about what a true slave looks like. I am so glad that I am a slave of Jesus Christ. I am daily grateful for the work done for me on the cross and I owe everything to Jesus. I am not even worthy to be in His presence yet, but by God's grace; the work done for me at the cross, through Jesus. I can.

So what is being a slave consist of? It demands a deep affection for Him, allegiance to Him, submission to His Word.....I want this. I want this so desperately, My prayer over the last week or so is that I may KNOW Jesus, LONG to be saturated with His word. Submitting to all He asks of me. Without questioning. Thats where I struggle the most-- asking God why He does things or asking why He is making me do things, instead of just doing and trusting. We are called the heatedly obey and honor. I have been bought with a price. I belong to Christ.

Pray for me. Pray that I would submit to Jesus without questioning, that I may LONG for Him daily. Pray that I would trust. Pray that I would have the compassion that Christ has for all people. Pray that I would love hard.

"We are called to compete like athletes, to fight like soldiers, to abide like branches in a vine, and even to desire His Word as newborn babies long for milk."

No comments:

Post a Comment