Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taking Away


I love what I am continually learning from the book Slaves. Today's chapter was SO SO good. I loved it. I want to share with you some of the statements that I am taking away today from the chapter and what I am thinking about and dwelling on today, and pray that I continue to remember!

Slaves of Christ are to be 'always abounding in the work of the Lord' 1 Cor. 15:58 'trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.' Eph. 5:10 and ever seeking to 'understand what the will of the Lord is.' Eph. 5:17.

Genuine believers are characterized by a deep love for Christ, and that love inevitably manifests itself in obedience.

Christ's lordship is wholehearted submission, loving obedience and passionate worship.

The pattern of a true believer is one of continual repentance and increasing godliness as they grow in sanctification in Christlikeness

To be a slave of Christ is the greatest benediction imaginable, not only is He a kind a gracious Lord, but He is also the God of the universe. His character is perfect; His love is infinite; His power matchless; His wisdom, unsearchable, and His goodness, beyond compare.

To be a slave of Christ is also a position of great privilege, for we are in the company of none other than the King of the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment