Sunday, May 1, 2011

Less Like Me; More Like Jesus

I was very much convicted this morning in church during Pastor DeBurgh's sermon. He is starting a new series on the heart of Christ. I am really excited about this new series, I think its gonna be really good and convicting. I really wanna grow deeper and become more like Christ everyday, and this is a step in the right direction, listening and growing from what Spencer is going to teach us.

Today he taught on compassion. I already knew I was gonna be convicted from the moment I sat in my chair this morning and saw that, because I feel like I am not a very compassionate person. And I was right. I was convicted. My prayer now is that the Lord would give me the compassion that He showed to so many in the Bible-- Such as the lepors..Those smelly, rotting flesh people, He didn't back away, HE HAD COMPASSION on them. Loved them. Listened to them. I am not very good at any of that, but I praise and thank the Lord that He is working in me, and is and will continue to be faithful. I want Jesus' heart. I want Jesus' eyes.

These people had needs, and Jesus met them. I want to listen to people better, I want to stop talking and listen. I want to love ALL people better and deeper. These following statements are notes that I jotted down from the sermon, I hope they make sense :)...

What does compassion do?
-Leads to doing
-I want to love people
-I want to love as HE loves
-Reach out to them
- I want to cultivate compassion over what I see.

So this is what I will be working on!! I am such a work in progress, I praise HIM for what He is doing in my life, and thank HIM for what He continues to show me. I want HIM to be glorified in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment