Monday, May 23, 2011

Forever Slave


Today I finished my Slave book, and absolutely loved it. I learned so much about what a slave for Christ should look like, and some changes that need to be made in my life, and also was reminded to be grateful and thankful to Christ daily for making me His slave, and that I am His. I will be forever grateful for the sacrifice that was made on my behalf and don't deserve it, but I am continually humbled and in awe of Christ and His love for me.

I shall be starting a new book tomorrow that I am super excited about, I saw the name of the book one of the blogs I follow, and he recommended it, so I thought I would give it a whirl!! I'll give you the name and my take on it in a later post!! I will leave you with a quote from James Montgomery Boice that was written in the book that I was struck by...It is 82 degrees outside today, so I am gonna go enjoy the weather. Happy Monday.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom for anyone. No human is free to do everything he or she may want to do, There is one being in the universe who is totally free, of course. That is God. But all others are limited by or enslaved by someone or something. As a result, the only meaningful question in this area is: Who or what are you serving?...Since you and I are human beings and not God, we can never be autonomous. We must either be slaves to sin or slaves of Jesus Christ. But here is the wonderful and very striking thing: To be a slave of Jesus Christ is true freedom."

No comments:

Post a Comment