Monday, February 7, 2011

The Delight Of Right Obediance


Ecclesiastes 12:13-"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."


So this is the verse that I have been meditating on today as I go through my personal time, and throughout my day. It seems like such a simple, simple thing. obey, and fear God. Yet why is it so hard to do sometimes?

We fear the Lord by obeying Him, and it is a conscious obediance to God's commands as given in His Word that constitutes this godly fear. We cannot rightly obey God if we do not fear Him--If we do not honor, reverence, and love Him.

I thought I was pretty good at obeying the Lord, yet as I look into my life and look at some of those "little sins" I see that I am not so good, I still need to improve on my speech, my love for others and for Christ, my thoughts, my submission, and intensions just to name a few. I see that fearing God and loving Him are so very closely related...Loving in EVERY area of my life.

And as I take a look at this list..I am broken and humbled of the wicked aweful sinner that I am, such in desperate need of a Savior and so thankful for the gospel, which I need to preach to myself daily, and express my thankfulness to Him for what He has done for me.. This list comes from Romans 12.

--Love Sincerely(9)

--Be dovoted to one another in brotherly love(10)

--Honor others before yourself(10)

--Share with others in need(13)

--Practice hospitality(13)

--Bless those who persecute you (14)

--Rejoice with those who rejoice (15)

--Mourn with those who mourn (15)

--Live in harmony with one another (16)

--Do not be proud or conceited (16)

--Do not repay evil for evil (17)

--Seek to live at peace with everyone (18)

--Do not seek revenge (19)

--Overcome evil with good (21)

Do I honestly seek to practice these things???

Obeying is loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I want to do that everyday. Daily I fall short, and need Him. I am so thankful for the gospel. Grateful for the daily grace and forgiveness that I need. I'd be so lost and diffrent without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment