Monday, February 28, 2011

Morning Goodness

I attempted again to make something again, but I think this time it is a success. I had all the ingredients and had directions, and they smell amazing. I am excited to try them.....But while they were in the oven...I was doing some good reading. I love the books I am going through. The book The Pursuit of God is a bit harder to understand, but If I go slow enough I am able to pick up on so much amazing stuff. I am realizing more and more, (and I feel like I am always saying it in every post, but its true) how undeserving and selfish I am, and how much I need more of Jesus everyday. He is worthy of all praise, without Him I would have no breath, no life. May I live my everyday, my every moment of this life that He has blessed my with; with a conscience awareness of Him, and a grateful heart.

We must of necessity be servant to someone, either to God or to sin. The sinner prides himself on his independence, completely overlooking the fact that he is the weak slave of the sins that rule his members. The man who surrenders to Christ exchanges a cruel slave driver for a kind and gentle Master whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light.


Pursuit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment