Monday, March 7, 2011

Choosing Forgiveness


Forgiveness, it seems so easy at times, and other times so hard., Yet do we REALLY forgive people or do we just say we do?? I am onto another book, this one titled Choosing Forgiveness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. At first I was hesitant to start this because basicly I thought that I really didn't need to read it because I thought I really didn't struggle with this. But even just starting this book, I see maybe some hints of bitterness in my life or unforgiveness. I maybe don't struggle with it to the extreme that some people do, but I think that I maybe have some in my life.

I have had an easier time forgiving since truly understanding the gospel, and what Christ did for me on that cross, The forgivess he gave me there, and grants me DAILY, the however many times I wrong Him, and He chooses to forgive me. He gave His LIFE for me, How could I not forgive somebody for what they do?

When you don't forgive someone or have built up bitterness towards someone, it shows, even though you may not think it does, even our speech and tone of voice towards someone will show eventually.

Most of us know from experience that when sin of any kind is given a chance to take up residence in our hearts, it doesn't stay confined to its own little corner. If not confessed and repented of, sooner or later it will affect our entire person--our physical and emotional well being, our demeanor, and our whole outlook.

We need to ask ourselves this question: "What if God only forgave me to the extent that I've been willing to forgive those who've sinned against me?"

As John Piper has said " If we hold fast to an unforgiving spirit, we will not be forgiven by God. If we continue on in that way, then we will not go to heaven. because heaven is the dwelling place of forgiven people.".......The point is not that a forgiving spirit causes us merit God's forgivenss, but simply that forgiven people forgive others, and that those who persistantly refuse to forgive others have no basis to claim to have been forgiven by God.

May I have the heart of Jesus Christ; always ready to forgive no matter what, Reminding myself of what Jesus has done for me at the cross, and daily grants me His forgiveness, and grace when I don't deserve it.


Draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that you may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment