Thursday, February 17, 2011

Omnipresence

I must be on a Jerry Bridges streak right now, because my new devotional book is by none other than that man, Jerry Bridges. I just finished The Joy of Fearing God and Wow, simply humbling and amazing. Anyways, I am kind of in an in between stage right now for books, I am waiting for my friend to finish the one I wanna read next, so I picked up another Jerry Bridges book, which is just a short like 3-4 page devo, and then I am also doing Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. I have read the book multiple times,but my old youth pastor told me its the kind of book that you need to read every year to be refreshed and reminded. And I quite agree.

Omnipresence, what an amazing word, that nobody can do except for God. He is everywhere at all times. Such a crazy concept that is just so hard for me to grab, probably cause my mind can't really comprehend such a thing. But what an amazing God. So many people in this world, and He is with every single one at every single moment of every single day. Wow. Doesn't that just blow your mind? It does mine.

AA Hodge points out
The immensity of God is the phrase used to express the fact that God is infinite in his relation to space i.e. that the entire indivisible essence of God is at every moment of time contemporaneously present to every point of infinite space....omnipresence characterizes the relation of God to his creatures as they severally occupy their positions in space.

What an amazing thing. God is with me all the time. When my loved ones can't be, or my friends can't be God is. He is ALL I need. Always faithful. Always enough.

Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Am I only a God nearby."
declares the LORD, "and not a God far away?
Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD.
" Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD

Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there, if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me. Your right hand will hold me fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment