Sunday, July 11, 2010

John 17


Once again my time with the Lord was rich & revealed once again that I am nothing and deserve nothing and that He is everything, and showed me just how much He loves me,- and the things He does to show that He loves me is just incredible. I was studying and meditating on John 17 a lot over the past few days, It struck me as I was studying this how cool is it that we get to read just a glimpse of the intimate moment between Father and Son. Its awesome. I studied this chapter for a few weeks back when I was at Bible School 5 years ago, I learned a lot then, now it just seems so much richer. I encourage you to look at John 17 this week and see what the Lord reveals to you, it is so rich. Just a few things he showed me,( and also my study guide ;) ;He is saying so clearly in this chapter FATHER I LOVE THEM.!!!, He is confessing His love for His own people.!!
--He reveals us to the Father
--He prays for us
--protects
--Sanctifies Himself
--Places us in Him
--Makes the father known to us
--He desires for us to be with Him and to see His glory!!!!!!

His love for us is beyond my comprehension, I just don't fully grasp it, But I am so, so thankful that He loves me so much. May you be just as excited about John 15 (or/and other passages :) as I am, as you seek, dwell and meditate on His Word this week. Happy Meditating!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post, Nie-Nie. I really love John 17 too. When I recently read it I was especially struck by vs. 20-26 where Jesus prays that we as believers will have the same unity as He and the Father do. That really amazes me.
    Hope all is well in Racine! Have fun at Wicked this week, by the way :].

    ReplyDelete