Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LOVE


Recently, In my personal time with the Lord He has been teaching me what it mean to LOVE others, I mean really love others, I was studying 1st Corinthians 13, I have always loved that chapter, maybe because I am a huge fan of love :), But as I have been meditating and reflecting on it, I feel like I have such a deeper understanding of what it means. Loving the unlovable with kindness, patience, it does not envy, it does not boast, It is not easily angered, it is not rude. I want these things to reflect in my life as I am with others. This is how Christ loves me, this is what I need to show to others; even though it maybe the toughest thing in the world.

I've arrived at a conclusion, maybe one of life's rare finds
that there's not a lot worth salvaging within this heart of mine.

Its ever ready to destruct and lie above all things...It tends to laugh when it
should cry-- and mourn when it should sing.

I've wasted countless hours begging, "Fix this heart, Lord, Please!"
while it stomps its feet, demands its way and floods with sin's disease.

At last You're able to get through and lay it on the line: "You must give up that heart of yours, and trade it in for mine."

So I cry out with the psalmist, create within me Lord a new heart crystal clear that only Calvary could afford.

A heart which pounds the rhythm of heavens metronome and issues forth a boundless love and beats for you alone.

I want to love that which You love, despising what you hate and see myself as least of these oh Lord, retaliate.

The efforts of the evil one who seeks to make my plea that of his own, "I'll make no move til I've considered me."

Peel away my fingers, finally make me understand the power to love and please You can't be found within a man.

So, My Lord, I bring this offering; a stubborn heart of stone and ask You, in its absence, please exchange it for Your own.
Beth Moore

3 comments:

  1. I really like that poem by Beth Moore....
    Thanks for sharing... reminds me of what God's teaching us through 1 Thess. in Small group too - about sacrificial love that desires above all else that the gospel be preached, received, lived out in the lives of others.

    Love ya, Nieniers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree as well, It really struck me as I was meditating on it, good stuff. Love u 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to see that you are growing! i updated my blog, so that I can comment on yours :)

    ReplyDelete