Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grateful.


Over the last few days, I have been obviously, doing a lot of thinking and praying over this job stuff, and I am so grateful for all of my dear friends who have expressed such amazing guidance and wisdom to me over the last few days, sharing with me truths from God's Word, Bible Verses ,and just older Godly woman advice. Thank you for that. But as I was driving home tonight from work I was thanking the Lord for just providing me with this job that I currently have. some people don't even have A job at the moment -and I do, thats a blessing. I was thinking about all the blessings He has provided me at this job. Even though I have been there 5 years now, its not always been what I wanted to do, or where I wanted to be, its a job, and the Lord provided it for me. I have some amazing co-workers. We all get along pretty well and enjoy each others company and have many laughs together about some of the interesting people that walk through our doors, or just about life in general stuff. Another blessing is that the owners/my bosses are very understanding of my church commitments on Sundays and Wednesday nights. I have had every Sunday off the last 5 years. No questions asked. They also give me Wednesday nights off so that I am able to teach and be with the Middle School group that I enjoy so much. They are also very good about days off in the summer, and understanding of me taking time off for mission trips and youth activities. or just taking days off for my own vacations. My co-workers are also awesome at swapping shifts if need be, or taking hours if something comes up. All in all it is a pretty fun job, I meet some pretty fun people and some well lets just say entertaining people as well. The job has quite the perks too, I have gotten to taste MANY amazing ice cream flavors, eaten WAY to many DeRango's frozen pizza's, eaten to much popcorn over these last few years that I can hardly stand the stuff and had to many blue raspberry slushies. I love to see the smiles on the kids faces when they pick out, what they think is the coolest toy ever from out prize bins after they play the arcade games. And to be honest sometimes just going out on the driving range to collect those -feels -like- at- times-A MILLION, golf balls in the golf cart can be so fun- Driving that golf cart while you have your ipod in your ears listening to your favorite music. Good stuff.!! I have also had my fare share of blue dye all over myself, many bleached stained clothes, picking leaves, wrappers, gum, candy, green goop, sticks and golf balls out of ponds, which hasn't been so fun. I have also done my fare share of weeding these last 5 years as well. Its been a great job to have these last 5 years, pretty much guaranteed back every summer, and meeting some great people. I am so thankful that the Lord has provided this job for me over the last 5 years, As for what the future holds only the Lord knows, I am grateful for that, He is in control. I am ready to go back as Nanny Nie-Nie when/if that happens, but for now He has me there. So," grab your putters, your choice of colored ball, and take the back door, that will lead you to your first hole!"

No comments:

Post a Comment