Monday, August 2, 2010

All By Myself


Sometimes being alone isn't my favorite thing in the world. I love being around people, I get a lot of my energy from just being around people and just being with them, talking with them, and hanging out and just being. But there are times when I do enjoy being alone. Like today. Right now. I am alone. And I love it. I just had a rich time with the Lord, on what else? Being alone with HIM. I was in that woman's Bible Study this past fall when we were studying the book of Mark, and one of the many things that I remember about studying from that book- that stood out to me was how many times Jesus was alone, or how Jesus arose early in the morning to pray and be alone with His father. It says it multiple times. Also I was reading in John 6, at the end of verse 15 it says, "He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone." Sometimes Jesus just needed to be alone, and be with His father. I like being alone with the Lord, My times with Him then are so rich and I learn a lot about my own selfish self, and the sin that I need to confess and turn away from during that time. Don't get me wrong, I learn A TON and am so encouraged when I am with others studying His word. But its just so important to be alone with the father, and refill. I encourage all of you readers to be alone with the Father each day this week, may you feel refreshed, and refilled in your times with Him, Just as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment