Friday, August 27, 2010

Forgiveness


This seems like such a simple word, yet is one of the hardest things to do. I was learning about this today and realized how amazing forgiveness is. In Matthew 18:21 I was reading about the Unforgiving Servant, and thinking about how often I am like that servant. Jesus talks about forgiveness so much throughout the New Testament, and its importance in the Christian life. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and what He did for me. Forgiving me of ALL my sin. I sin daily and mess up constantly and yet He forgives me, It just blows my mind. Everyday, I do it. And He CONTINUALLY forgives me. And remembers my sin no more.True Forgiveness is something that I think a lot of us struggle with. Holding a grudge--for instance. A lot of people say they may forgive someone and yet they really don't, they remember what they did, or may later bring up the incident that occurred. True forgiveness is what Christ has done, Forgive that person when they ask for forgiveness, not hold that grudge, and bring it up no more. Such a hard thing, But with Christ it is possible. We can't do this on our own. May we truly forgive one another just as Christ has done for us.

"When you stand praying,if you hold ANYTHING against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your sins." Mark 11:25.

"Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive EVERYONE who sins against us." Luke 11:4.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:12-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment