Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Read.


Just a few quotes from Great Men of God that I have read over the last couple days in the book I am reading right now.If you are looking for your next book to read, I highly recommend this book. It continues to convict and break me with each read. I have so far to go. I am so thankful for my Savior.

"I believe in the doctrine of election, because I am quite certain that, If God had not chosen me, I should have never chosen Him; I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never have chosen me afterwords; and He must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love."---Charles Spurgeon

"The grand difference between a human being and a supreme being is precisely this: Apart from God, I cannot exist. Apart from me, God does exist. God does not need me in order for Him to be; I do need God in order for me to be. This is the difference between what we call self-existent being and dependent being. We are dependent. We are fragile. We cannot live without air, without water, without food. No human being has the power of being within himself. Life is lived between two hospitals. We need a support system form birth to death to sustain life. We are like flowers that bloom and then wither and then fade. This is how we differ from God. God does not wither, God does not fade, God is not fragile."---R.C. Sproul

2 comments:

  1. I like that book a lot, too. Really good at focusing not simply on better tips to humility, but on totally rooting one's life in the gospel (and flowing out of that--humility).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just finished it tonight. I stole it from your office, Guess its my copy now since I marked in it ;)

    ReplyDelete