Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Noah's Ark.



I was taking a look at Genesis chapter 6 today, and so many things struck me in this chapter that I guess I had never seen and realized and made me just long to know the heart of God more, And just really take a look at my own heart and response to the Lord. I encourage all of you to REALLY take a look at this chapter this week. It is only 22 verses and yet its context is so rich with goodness,(as all chapters in the Bible are :). But, today I was struck with a few things in particular. In verse 5 & 6 it says "Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually......And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.".....I just think about Him grieving and being so so sad. This was NOT the way He intended the earth to be, He wants us to glorify Him in all we do, and yet these people were just being so evil, and sinning...Do I grieve over my sin? Over others sin? Just as God did/does?...And yet in verse 8, there is some good. "Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord." There was one man, who wanted to please the Lord, the Lord loved Noah. And then the Lord tells Noah to build an ark because He is going to destroy the earth with a flood. I can't imagine what was going through Noah's mind at the time, I know what would be going through my mind, "Are you serious? You gotta be joking.!! These people are gonna think I am nuts!!" Even as I type this I can see the selfishness that I see in those statements. Its about me. Instead of just thinking if God asked me to do that..."ok God, right away I'll get on that." God asks me to do things, maybe not building an ark, but He asks me to do other things, and I do the same questioning in my head. I am always concerned about ME. Me. Me....Verse 22, was what I just took away from today.."Thus Noah did according to all that God commanded him, SO HE DID." No questions asked. He just did. When the Lord asks me to do something, No matter how crazy it might sound to me, the Lord KNOWS. May I just do.

2 comments: