Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heat. Tractors. & Storms.


I just returned from my yearly summer vacation that I take alone. I started this maybe 4 years ago, and decided to make this a yearly event. I like to travel alone, although, having someone with me would be nice especially when I sit in the airport and on the planes, it would be nice to chat with someone :). But anyways, I have traveled to many locations such as Pennsylvania, New York, Washington D.C., Delaware, Colorado, and my most recent trip, Iowa. It was a splendid vacation, It was truly relaxing and so fun. I stayed with my friends Mike and Michelle Norby, and also got to see/hang out with my favorite youth pastor and his family, The Johnsons. I went out to eat a lot, and saw a lot of country things such as men just riding their tractors down the middle of the road, and then his tire exploded, watched many movies, hung out with some college age kids from the church, Went to 2 shopping malls (and came home with 3 new pairs of shoes, for quite the bargain I must say), saw fireworks, Went to one of the local town pools, Went to a 6 year olds birthday party, Went to church, slept, Got a pedicure, Went to the Cheesecake factory (yummy!!!), went to WAY to many antique shops, and spent WAY to many hours in LOWES. (Mike and Michelle are buying a house and needed to get some things for the house, so I went along). It was a wonderful vacation. It was so awesome to see all of them, and have amazing conversations with Michelle, Ruby, Andrew and Mike. I think the worst part of the vacation was the heat and the storms. It was so incredibly hot while I was there. The temp. would be like 93, plus humidity, so it was pretty wicked. And also when I was there there were 2 pretty major storms that caused some flooding in some of the towns, and some power outages in the house. But it was so awesome to watch, just to see God's power displayed in the sky. It was neat. I flew back home last night, and now I am back to real life. I guess summer must be coming to an end........ The picture is from a walk I took one night with Michelle in her town, the sunsets were incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment