Thursday, September 9, 2010

God's Hand In It All


This week has been crazy. Crazy in a good way. Once I returned home from up North things just have been falling into place, one after the other. As a friend told me yesterday, "See, God just knows, so much better than you do."

I got a call from my nanny mom yesterday basically telling me, get ready I could be called any day..Her principal called her yesterday telling her she just filled out a reference form for her, meaning she is the next one on the list to be called for a teaching job. At the beginning of this week, I potentially just had one job, now quite possibly within the next few weeks, I could be working two.

Then this morning I got a text from my friend Jill, whom I was supposed to babysit her 3 children tonight, saying that her meeting got cancelled and didn't need me to come. About 2 hours later after my morning run, I got a call from Mary, the salon owner, whom I am supposed to have my "interview" with on Saturday morning,asking if I was available tonight to come in, and go over things, so that on Saturday morning I can join the staff meeting, and meet the staff. After I agreed, I was reflecting on how this is just God's hand in it all, He knows. He knew that Jill was going to cancel, so that I could go in and do this interview. This is just so the Lord's hand displayed so clearly for me. What an amazing God we have.

I just think back to just like a week ago, worrying about whats gonna happen next, and what the Lord is trying to teach me and do in me. I think one of the things He is/was trying to teach me comes from Psalm 46:10a 'Be still and know that I am God.'..I think He just wanted me to stop worrying and fluttering around, thinking "O my gosh whats going on, what I am I doing, I am a failure at life"...(ok maybe I didn't go THAT far ;) He just wanted/wants me to BE STILL AND KNOW. Such a simple concept yet, so hard to do I feel like. I am still learning and growing through all of this. Yet He is God. I praise and thank Him for who He is. His power, His sovereignty, His direction, His faithfulness, His grace.

I have cookies in the oven that I am pretty sure I just messed up. I must go. Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment