Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Phones. Shampoo. & Answered Prayer



Last night I returned from a great weekend up north at Fort Wilderness, where I was volunteering with a few others from RBC for the long weekend. I was really looking forward to it for many reasons, but one was just to get my mind off of things here in Racine, one being the whole job situation; Which has seemed to just been on my mind constantly. We left Friday at noon, and as I was just about to grab my suitcase and walk out the door my pops called from work saying that he had just run into Mary, the lady who does such an o-so-fantastic job on my hair, (my stylist,) who also owns the salon, and said she was gonna be calling me, Now to give you a little back story, Mary had talked to my mom who also goes to her, when I was doing camp Ripley back in June, and mentioned to my mom that she was interested in me maybe working there during the fall as their receptionist, Just a few nights a week, and this was all before, my nanny job was on hold & she new that I nannyed during the week and thought that I maybe interested in doing that at night to earn extra money, well I called her 2x, while at Ripley to let her know I was interested but, I never heard a thing. Then I went to get my hair done in August, and she had briefly mentioned it again to me to see if I was still interested, I said yes; I never really said much to anyone about this job, cause it seemed so-not-for-sure, and didn't really wanna say much in case it didn't happen...Well then all this nanny stuff was on hold, and my mom told her my situation a few weeks ago when she was in...She had lost my phone number, she had wanted to call me for some time & just got to busy, then she ran into my dad Friday at the bank & he gave her my number. With all that said, As I was walking out the door, Mary called. I am going in Saturday morning for an "interview" I put that in quotes b/c it seems as though I have the job already, she just wants to go over things with me, and talk scheduling and stuff. I was/am so ecstatic, Praise the Lord. Its HIS timing, not my own. I am so excited for this new opportunity, And even when/if Cortney gets called back, I can still nanny for them, b/c this new job would be evenings. What an awesome thing. The moment I heard I just starting praising the Lord, and thanking Him for this potential new job, and for His amazing faithfulness to me. Praise Him. I am so blessed. So thank you all for your MANY prayers for me. I am so thankful for each of you for doing so. Please continue to pray for me, for Saturday and also for when I do start, I may glorify Him, and be that light for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment