Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Growing From Daniel & Samson


Its been a good day today. I don't feel quite as tired as I thought I would be today. The Lord gives me the strength that I need daily. Yesterday I hit a brick wall, as far as sleep goes, and I thought I may just keel over. Thankfully, I was able to squeeze in a 45 min nap while the kids were sleeping yesterday, I was so grateful I was able to do that, because I knew it was gonna be a long night, with me working at the salon at night too. I was able to barely make it through, and I passed out in bed hard core by 10:00pm. So today I am not doing to bad, Although, I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow.:). I was able to have a good time with the Lord this afternoon, I haven't shared what I have been learning in that department in awhile, so I thought that I would share with you, and hopefully challenge you as well.
I am on the last section in my study guide on the fruits of the Spirit, and as you know, the last fruit of the spirit is Self-control. I thought this section would be the easiest, and yet once again I am wrong, and am convicted. I have so much to work on, but I am thankful for his grace, and forgiveness that is so undeserved.
I was taking a specific look at Daniel and Samson today--Quite the contrast in self control..Daniel had such great self-control in what he stood for and believed, never swaying to what others may have wanted him to do, yet Samson did the exact opposite as Daniel. He broke the Nazarite vow, and was easily swayed by others. I want my life to reflect that of Daniel's. A life that was/is always seeking the Lord's provision, not his own, sticking to what is truth, and he was blessed for it all.
I could go on and on, but I just want to end with just a few AMAZING points that were made in my study guide( regarding the life of Samson and Daniel) that I hope challenge you as they did me...

-Physical Discipline and Spiritual discipline go hand in hand. Samson had neither, Daniel had both
-Self-control for God's sake invites God's blessing. Self-control prospers, self-indulgence perishes.
-One denied his call of consecration. One chose it.
-One took more than he was offered. One resisted what he was offered.
-One assumed the power of God and ultimately lost it. One asked for the power of God and ultimately found it.
-One was overcome by his enemy. One overcame his enemy
-One was victorious in his death. One was victorious in his life.
I strongly urge you this week, to take a look at the lives of both of these men, and see what you can discover from these men.



No comments:

Post a Comment