Monday, April 26, 2010

"Bells Will Ring......"





I had an amazing weekend in the great state of Iowa. I do really enjoy Iowa a lot. I like the small town feel, the friendliness of everyone there, and the people there seem so much more relaxed than in bigger cities. The purpose of my trip to Iowa this time was to watch Georgie Filber get married to the beautiful Erica Mannetter. It was a beautiful ceremony; and a fun reception filled with lots of laughs and memories. It was also so awesome to see the Johnson family who I miss SO SO much. I don't realize how much I miss them and appreciate them till I leave. I love them a lot. I am so grateful and thankful that the Lord placed Andrew and later Ruby into my life to pour their lives into me, because they cared about where I was going spiritually and for sure Andrew wasn't afraid to tell me straight up the sin in my life, or what he thought, In his 7 years as my youth pastor he made me cry at least 8 times, all for various reasons. The very last time he made me cry was a good cry as we packed up their moving truck as they made their new journey to where the Lord was leading them, to Radcliffe, IA. As I was balling my eyes out on their front porch I finally realized what they meant to me, and realized where I may be without them. The Lord has truly blessed their ministry there. I loved my time with them, I will treasure it forever.
It was also so good to see Michelle and Michael Norby. I was in their wedding almost 3 years ago, I love Michelle and Mike, they make me laugh, Michelle is such a Godly women, that I looked up to for so many years,(and still do) and her love for the youth there is incredible. Mike is so good with the youth kids, what a fun youth pastor, almost as good as mine :). His love for the Lord is shown daily, and so is their love for each other. I love them. I hope that they have youth there that look back 5-6 years later and see what Godly and incredible people they are, and that they love and care for them a lot, and that the kids could never express how thankful they are for them, Just as I do about Andrew and Ruby. Happy Monday Everyone.

2 comments:

  1. So thankful it was such a blessed trip for you! Love the group shot of everyone!
    Welcome back to Racine... we missed you!
    btw - who is this girl that makes you laugh...she looks so thin!!!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEHEHE!!! She does look awfully thin doesn't she???:) Yea, thanks, it was a very awesome quick trip, but so thankful I was able to go. it was refreshing!! hope SS went well!!

    ReplyDelete