Friday, April 2, 2010

My Favorite Drummer


I have decide to write my next two blog posts about two of my good friends,my two brothers. I have been so blessed to have two of the best brothers in the world. I know some of you may say your brothers are better, that is not true. My brothers could beat up your brothers (actually probably not:), but they are a true blessing from the Lord. I am so grateful for them. I am even more blessed that both of them love the Lord so much and what to glorify Him above all else. So I decided to write about my little brother Pete first.
Pete is my little brother, He's not so little anymore since he is way taller than me and stronger, but to me he will always be my little brother. Pete tends to amaze me sometimes. Pete is a busy man, he goes to school full time and works 30 hours a week plus is a youth leader and plays on the music team at church as well, and yet always finds time to be with the Lord, and grow in Him. Pete is also probably one of the funniest people I know. He does the best impressions of pretty much everyone I know. Pete and I have always had some good talks on our 20 min. drives out to church on Wednesday nights, thats my favorite time to spend with him.
I think Pete is one of the most unselfish people I know, Pete is always thinking of others before himself. For example at our youth group winter retreat in 2009, when Dan our brother had just gotten in a serious car accident and I was crying uncontrollably and wanting to go the hospital right away, and the other leaders were trying to find Pete to go see if he wanted to come too because there was an extra seat available, they found Pete sitting with his cabin of boys just praying with them, and they asked Pete if he wanted to go and what Pete said I will never forget, "I don't know if I should, I should stay here with my guys-to make sure they'll be okay." Gosh, I felt so selfish when I heard him say that, of course the other leaders said they would take care of them, and that it would be good if he went, so we went together. I love Pete. He challenges me daily even if at times he doesn't know it. I am glad the Lord gave me a little brother.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Stephanienie,
    this is great. I think I'll call my brother tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many amazing and fun things about both of your bros.... and I know that you value first and foremost your shared love and passion for the Lord..... THAT shared identity found in Christ is truly a treasure to share with siblings!

    ReplyDelete