Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter



I will continue my posts about my other brother, but since it is Easter tomorrow I thought I would share my favorite Easter song, We sing it all the time, but definitely singing this at Easter makes it even better. The words are incredible, Not many songs make me emotional, but this one gets me every time. Its truth. Happy Easter everyone. Lets remember what its about.

Oh to see the dawn of the darkest day
Christ on the road to Calvary
Tried my sinful men; Torn and beaten then
nailed to a cross of wood.

CHORUS:
This, the power of the cross
Christ became sin for us;
Took the blame, bore the wrath,
We stand forgiven at the cross.

Oh to see the pain
Written in Your face, Bearing the awesome
weight of sin. Ev'ry bitter thought, ev'ry evil deed
Crowning Your blood stained brow

Now the daylight flees; Now the ground beneath
quakes as its Maker bows His head.
Curtain torn in two, Dead are raised to life,
"Finished!" the vict'ry cry.

Oh to see my name, written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death, Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love.

Final CHORUS:
This, the p'wr of the cross
Son of God-Slain for us
What a love, What a cost,!
We stand forgiven at the cross.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Sister.... love that song too, and every song that exalts Jesus Christ and His work on the cross!!! So thankful you're my sister in Him!

    ReplyDelete