Monday, April 5, 2010

My Favorite Preacher


I am continuing my posts on my brothers, So I guess this would be my last post about them since I only have one more, my older brother Dan.
Most people would say their favorite preacher would be somebody like John Piper, John MacArthur, Francis Chan, Spencer DeBurgh, or Wayne Beilgard, But mine is Dan Miller, maybe its because he is my brother or because I personally know this preacher, But nevertheless, He's my favorite. I love Dan, he makes me laugh a lot, mostly because of his funny little antics of his preaching/teaching style, and how he takes on some of the mannerisms of who he's been hanging around with, usually sounding like Andrew Johnson, or lately its been Wayne Beilgard, But in my opinion those are two of the greatest people to be imitating. There are a lot of things that I love about Dan, but I can't write them all out because you would be sitting here reading for the next few days, but just a few of the things that I love are- Dan's humility and his gratefulness. Dan always amazes me at how humble he is, knowing that its nothing of his doing or anyone else's but Christ's alone. Dan loves his fellow youth leaders- a lot, and never afraid to admit it, His love for the youth kids, his love for his friends- and willing to do anything for them-And just like Pete- He always is always busy with school, work, and other things but ALWAYS has time for the Lord above all else. I also love Dan's enthusiasm to grow in the Lord and wanting to be sharpened by other believers. I want to imitate that. Dan and Pete have grown so much as we have all gotten older, even though still to this day when we are 25-23-and 21, they make fun of me, weather its them setting the whole plate of rolls on my plate during holiday meals, because they know how much rolls are my favorite part of any huge meal, or them saying that my wedding reception is gonna contain corn dogs, popcorn, bozo and whatever else you see or get at the circus. I guess I will get that for the rest of my life, Its okay. I love them. Dan is a great youth pastor, and a great brother, and someday some girl is gonna be a REAL lucky lady......

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Very kind words.

    I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweet sis, and I agree. Thanks for sharing your brother with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete